A SIDCUP woman has been fined £100 for misusing her deceased father's blue badge.
Katherine Sullivan, of Blackfen Road, displayed the blue badge in June last year after parking her Volkswagen Polo in the Arnsberg Way Car Park in Bexleyheath, which is disabled-only. She was witnessed by a police officer.
The 44-year-old pleaded guilty to the offence at Bexley Magistrates' Court on January 6 and was ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge and £200 costs as well as the fine.
Councillor Gareth Bacon, Bexley's cabinet member for environment and public realm, said: "People who commit such a crime are depriving others who are genuinely disabled and need to park in the facilities we provide. They are also avoiding parking charges, which makes it unfair on all law abiding drivers.
"I hope this prosecution serves as a lesson to others who may consider misusing the blue badge scheme." The blue badge scheme allows disabled people to park closer to their destination.
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield
- WATCH: The moment a man takes a 12-year-old’s £300 bike at McDonald’s
- BMW driver jailed after being three times over the alcohol limit
- TRAVEL: 40-minute train delays from Ebbsfleet
- Festivals, huge gigs and lots of food - 12 reasons why Greenwich is THE place to be this summer