A SIDCUP woman has been fined £100 for misusing her deceased father's blue badge.
Katherine Sullivan, of Blackfen Road, displayed the blue badge in June last year after parking her Volkswagen Polo in the Arnsberg Way Car Park in Bexleyheath, which is disabled-only. She was witnessed by a police officer.
The 44-year-old pleaded guilty to the offence at Bexley Magistrates' Court on January 6 and was ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge and £200 costs as well as the fine.
Councillor Gareth Bacon, Bexley's cabinet member for environment and public realm, said: "People who commit such a crime are depriving others who are genuinely disabled and need to park in the facilities we provide. They are also avoiding parking charges, which makes it unfair on all law abiding drivers.
"I hope this prosecution serves as a lesson to others who may consider misusing the blue badge scheme." The blue badge scheme allows disabled people to park closer to their destination.
- Kent Police offers advice to victims of stalking
- Have you seen this man? 28-year-old missing from Beckenham
- Driver arrested after hitting lamp post in Valley Drive, Gravesend
- Stars of Hollyoaks and Eastenders descend on Bexleyheath hotel
- Maypoles to Roman deity's: Top five weird and wonderful May Day traditions