A FOUR-CAR crash on the M25 yesterday afternoon (Jan 7) led to two people being rushed to hospital.
The incident occurred on the anticlockwise stretch between Junction 3 (Swanley Interchange) and Junction 2 A2 (Darenth Interchange) just before 12pm.
Two lanes were closed for recovery and then reopened two hours later.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Police were called at 11.48am following a report of a four-car collision.
"A man and a woman were injured and taken to hospital.
"Two lanes were closed until the vehicle were recovered at around 2pm."
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said: “We sent ambulance clinicians in a car and an ambulance to the scene.
“Two patients were reported – a man in his 50s with back pain and a woman aged approximately in her 20s with suspected head and hip injuries."
They were taken to Darent Valley Hospital.
- Victim of Camber Sands beach tragedy named locally as Woolwich student Nitharsan Ravi
- GCSE results day for south-east London and north Kent
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night fight in Dartford
- VIDEO AND PICS: Police called to gunfire at bus stop in New Cross
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London