A BELVEDERE man has been charged with a string of incidents including the theft of a BMW in Greenhithe.
Kent Police were called in the early hours of December 31 to a burglary in Maritime Close in which house keys, garage keys, a handbag and car keys were believed to have been stolen.
A BMW car was also reported to have been taken.
Later that morning officers also received reports of a driver making off without paying for £77 of diesel from Esso at Winstone Service Station in Princes Road, Dartford.
On January 3 officers traced the vehicle, which had suffered damage in a suspected crash, to Belvedere in Bexley.
Wayne Cousins, aged 31, of Morvale Close in Belvedere, was arrested and charged with burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, theft from a motor vehicle, making off without payment, driving a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence, using a motor vehicle without insurance and possessing cannabis.
He appeared at Medway Magistrates’ Court on January 4 where he was remanded in custody to a date yet to be confirmed.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (October 25 and 26)
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Queues at re-opened Dartford Tunnel following five-vehicle M25 crash