A BELVEDERE man has been charged with a string of incidents including the theft of a BMW in Greenhithe.
Kent Police were called in the early hours of December 31 to a burglary in Maritime Close in which house keys, garage keys, a handbag and car keys were believed to have been stolen.
A BMW car was also reported to have been taken.
Later that morning officers also received reports of a driver making off without paying for £77 of diesel from Esso at Winstone Service Station in Princes Road, Dartford.
On January 3 officers traced the vehicle, which had suffered damage in a suspected crash, to Belvedere in Bexley.
Wayne Cousins, aged 31, of Morvale Close in Belvedere, was arrested and charged with burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, theft from a motor vehicle, making off without payment, driving a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence, using a motor vehicle without insurance and possessing cannabis.
He appeared at Medway Magistrates’ Court on January 4 where he was remanded in custody to a date yet to be confirmed.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths