Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Man charged after theft of Greenhithe BMW
A BELVEDERE man has been charged with a string of incidents including the theft of a BMW in Greenhithe.
Kent Police were called in the early hours of December 31 to a burglary in Maritime Close in which house keys, garage keys, a handbag and car keys were believed to have been stolen.
A BMW car was also reported to have been taken.
Later that morning officers also received reports of a driver making off without paying for £77 of diesel from Esso at Winstone Service Station in Princes Road, Dartford.
On January 3 officers traced the vehicle, which had suffered damage in a suspected crash, to Belvedere in Bexley.
Wayne Cousins, aged 31, of Morvale Close in Belvedere, was arrested and charged with burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, theft from a motor vehicle, making off without payment, driving a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence, using a motor vehicle without insurance and possessing cannabis.
He appeared at Medway Magistrates’ Court on January 4 where he was remanded in custody to a date yet to be confirmed.
- Stabbed Abbey Wood man 'begged newsagent to call ambulance'
- UPDATE: Thamesmead woman rushed to hospital after house fire
- Review: The Pilot Inn, Greenwich
- International Academy of Greenwich 'could die' without permanent site
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival organisers call for acts to get involved