FOUR youngsters have been arrested after police, with help from air support and dog units, pursued them through Orpington this morning.
At around 5am officers on routine patrol in Sevenoaks Road spotted a Ford Focus being driven erratically.
The vehicle failed to stop for police and, after a pursuit into Swanley and back into Orpington, four male youths were seen to abandon it in Hockenden Lane.
A 14-year-old from Orpington was found hiding in a garden shed in Chapman's Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to stop for police.
A 16-year-old from St Paul’s Cray was found hiding in a garden in Hockenden Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to stop for police.
A 15-year-old from St Mary Cray was found hiding in a summerhouse in Hockenden Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary, assault on police and failing to stop for police.
A 14-year-old from Mottingham was found hiding on the roof of a property in Hockenden Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to stop for police.
All remain in custody at a South London Police Station.
The vehicle was subsequently confirmed as having been stolen from an address in the Orpington area a short while earlier.
- PICTURES: Major delays on Southeastern after freight train derailment
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- Funeral fundraising appeal for man hit by car in Swanley
- Lewisham councillors back calls for independent inquiry into controversial redevelopment for land at Millwall stadium
- Speeding laws are changing - and the punishments are about to get tougher