FOUR youngsters have been arrested after police, with help from air support and dog units, pursued them through Orpington this morning.
At around 5am officers on routine patrol in Sevenoaks Road spotted a Ford Focus being driven erratically.
The vehicle failed to stop for police and, after a pursuit into Swanley and back into Orpington, four male youths were seen to abandon it in Hockenden Lane.
A 14-year-old from Orpington was found hiding in a garden shed in Chapman's Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to stop for police.
A 16-year-old from St Paul’s Cray was found hiding in a garden in Hockenden Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to stop for police.
A 15-year-old from St Mary Cray was found hiding in a summerhouse in Hockenden Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary, assault on police and failing to stop for police.
A 14-year-old from Mottingham was found hiding on the roof of a property in Hockenden Lane and arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to stop for police.
All remain in custody at a South London Police Station.
The vehicle was subsequently confirmed as having been stolen from an address in the Orpington area a short while earlier.
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Teenager due in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert
- JAILED: Broadchurch TV actor and 'sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Boy hit by car in Bexleyheath town centre