THE former Petts Wood school teacher Jeremy Forrest, jailed for abducting a schoolgirl to France, has been divorced by his wife, it has been reported.
The 31-year-old, of Chislehurst Road, who previously taught at Bishop Justus School, Magpie Hall Lane, Bromley Common, is currently serving a five-and-a-half year sentence.
His marriage to his wife Emily, 32, is now over after she cited 'unreasonable behaviour' in divorce papers.
The former couple are believed to have sold the family home and divided the proceedings.
Forrest was arrested in Bordeaux on September 28 last year.
A teacher at Bishop Bell C of E School in Eastbourne, East Sussex at the time, he was extradited to Britain where he was charged with abducting a child by Sussex Police.
During a two-week trial Lewes Crown Court heard how Forrest fled with the 15-year-old girl the day after police questioned her about their sexual relationship.
Fearing they were about to be exposed, he booked them on a cross-Channel ferry to Calais before spending seven days on the run.
He was finally arrested following the issuing of a European arrest warrant.
- Deptford Broadway blocked by lorry smash
- UPDATE: Woman allegedly assaulted on doorstep of her home in Bexleyheath
- Stat Chat: Top 10 boring areas of life that make us feel most fed-up
- Pet of the Day: Elvis is much more than just a hound dog
- The big bang: The wonderful ways Kent reacted