Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Former Petts Wood teacher Jeremy Forrest divorced by wife
THE former Petts Wood school teacher Jeremy Forrest, jailed for abducting a schoolgirl to France, has been divorced by his wife, it has been reported.
The 31-year-old, of Chislehurst Road, who previously taught at Bishop Justus School, Magpie Hall Lane, Bromley Common, is currently serving a five-and-a-half year sentence.
His marriage to his wife Emily, 32, is now over after she cited 'unreasonable behaviour' in divorce papers.
The former couple are believed to have sold the family home and divided the proceedings.
Forrest was arrested in Bordeaux on September 28 last year.
A teacher at Bishop Bell C of E School in Eastbourne, East Sussex at the time, he was extradited to Britain where he was charged with abducting a child by Sussex Police.
During a two-week trial Lewes Crown Court heard how Forrest fled with the 15-year-old girl the day after police questioned her about their sexual relationship.
Fearing they were about to be exposed, he booked them on a cross-Channel ferry to Calais before spending seven days on the run.
He was finally arrested following the issuing of a European arrest warrant.
- Serious accident in Swanley sees A20 slip road closed
- Bromley couple use 13-year-old boy to help them burgle dozens of homes across London and Kent
- Tributes pour in for 'inspirational' topless Petts Wood 'Running Man' who has died
- VOTE NOW: Dartford searches for sexiest spectacle wearer
- Helicopter scrambled to search for homeless people on roof of burning Sidcup building
Comments are closed on this article.