Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Former Petts Wood teacher Jeremy Forrest divorced by wife
THE former Petts Wood school teacher Jeremy Forrest, jailed for abducting a schoolgirl to France, has been divorced by his wife, it has been reported.
The 31-year-old, of Chislehurst Road, who previously taught at Bishop Justus School, Magpie Hall Lane, Bromley Common, is currently serving a five-and-a-half year sentence.
His marriage to his wife Emily, 32, is now over after she cited 'unreasonable behaviour' in divorce papers.
The former couple are believed to have sold the family home and divided the proceedings.
Forrest was arrested in Bordeaux on September 28 last year.
A teacher at Bishop Bell C of E School in Eastbourne, East Sussex at the time, he was extradited to Britain where he was charged with abducting a child by Sussex Police.
During a two-week trial Lewes Crown Court heard how Forrest fled with the 15-year-old girl the day after police questioned her about their sexual relationship.
Fearing they were about to be exposed, he booked them on a cross-Channel ferry to Calais before spending seven days on the run.
He was finally arrested following the issuing of a European arrest warrant.
- Pet of the Day: Ruby's in a flap
- Are gadgets ruining family time and stopping kids playing outside in the summer holidays?
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- Series of incidents in Sevenoaks Way area end in serious assault on 15-year-old boy
- VIDEO UPDATE: Dartford strongman Terry Hollands' Herculean stunt for Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson film
Comments are closed on this article.