WORK has started this week on a £435,000 upgrade to Orpington station.
Builders moved on site on Monday (January 6) to start construction of a brand new booking hall on platform one.
In addition to the hall, which will have two accessible ticket office windows, the project will provide a heated waiting room on platform two and improved customer information screens.
A Southeastern spokeswoman said: "This project is part of our ongoing commitment to invest in and improve rail services for our passengers.
"We're creating a much more spacious booking hall with a queuing system which will improve the ticket purchasing experience especially during peak periods.
"The work will take several months to complete so we’d like to thank our customers in advance for their patience during this time.
"Once the work is complete, the station booking hall will be more spacious with better access both into the booking hall and onto the platform."
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash
- Donors raise £5,500 in TWO DAYS to help Belvedere mum, 28, with cancer make last memories with daughters