Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Work starts on £435,000 Orpington station upgrade
WORK has started this week on a £435,000 upgrade to Orpington station.
Builders moved on site on Monday (January 6) to start construction of a brand new booking hall on platform one.
In addition to the hall, which will have two accessible ticket office windows, the project will provide a heated waiting room on platform two and improved customer information screens.
A Southeastern spokeswoman said: "This project is part of our ongoing commitment to invest in and improve rail services for our passengers.
"We're creating a much more spacious booking hall with a queuing system which will improve the ticket purchasing experience especially during peak periods.
"The work will take several months to complete so we’d like to thank our customers in advance for their patience during this time.
"Once the work is complete, the station booking hall will be more spacious with better access both into the booking hall and onto the platform."
- 'Berserk' Eltham dog bites hole in boy's face as he tries to save mum and baby brother
- UPDATE: One lane reopens on M26 after four-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- High housing demand stopping south east London buyers getting homes
- Catford Balfour Beatty London Youth Games chairman bows out after 30 years
Comments are closed on this article.