Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Woman robbed on Swanscombe doorstep
NEIGHBOURS have spoken of their horror after a woman, believed to be pregnant, had a gold necklace snatched from her neck on a Swanscombe doorstep.
Residents of Church Road said they were shocked to hear of the incident which happened at 6.05pm on Thursday.
Police were called to reports of a robbery on the woman who was staying at her friends house.
Mother-of-two Helen Hunter, 26, of Church Road, Swanscombe, said: "It's terrifying that something could happen so close to where you live.
"We haven't heard anything about it.
"As a mother of two young children it has really rattled me.
"This is a good area and it's a scary thing to happen so close to your own home."
When the woman answered a knock at the door two teenagers, a girl and a boy, asked to speak to a person not living at that address.
When the woman told them that person didn't live there they left but returned moments later.
When the woman answered the door for a second time, the female offender attempted to push past while the male grabbed a chain from the victim's neck, before both ran from the house.
No injuries were reported as a result of the incident.
Kent Police said enquiries are ongoing.
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
Comments are closed on this article.