NEIGHBOURS have spoken of their horror after a woman, believed to be pregnant, had a gold necklace snatched from her neck on a Swanscombe doorstep.
Residents of Church Road said they were shocked to hear of the incident which happened at 6.05pm on Thursday.
Police were called to reports of a robbery on the woman who was staying at her friends house.
Mother-of-two Helen Hunter, 26, of Church Road, Swanscombe, said: "It's terrifying that something could happen so close to where you live.
"We haven't heard anything about it.
"As a mother of two young children it has really rattled me.
"This is a good area and it's a scary thing to happen so close to your own home."
When the woman answered a knock at the door two teenagers, a girl and a boy, asked to speak to a person not living at that address.
When the woman told them that person didn't live there they left but returned moments later.
When the woman answered the door for a second time, the female offender attempted to push past while the male grabbed a chain from the victim's neck, before both ran from the house.
No injuries were reported as a result of the incident.
Kent Police said enquiries are ongoing.
- 'Vile' - Orpington man jailed after sending girls sexually explicit Facebook messages and texts
- VIDEO: Ever wondered what qualifications Sydenham’s Jason Statham has?
- Police urgently seek woman who has escaped from Sidcup mental health unit
- Two men injured as trio try to force their way into Bickley home
- 'Great looking, high-octane and thought-provoking - what's not to love?': Chappie (12A) reviewed