A DRIVER from Orpington has died after a crash on the hard shoulder of the Orpington bypass which happened yesterday afternoon (January 2).
The 54-year-old man was in a grey Ford Focus when it was in collision with a lorry on the A224 between junction four of the M25 and Hewitts Roundabout.
Ambulance crews and firefighters were called to the scene at around 12.15pm yesterday and the carriageway was closed while police investigate what happened.
Anyone with any information about the collision or who saw the vehicles in the moments before the incident is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 01622 798538.
Did you know the driver? Call the newsroom on 01689 885725.
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)