A DRIVER from Orpington has died after a crash on the hard shoulder of the Orpington bypass which happened yesterday afternoon (January 2).
The 54-year-old man was in a grey Ford Focus when it was in collision with a lorry on the A224 between junction four of the M25 and Hewitts Roundabout.
Ambulance crews and firefighters were called to the scene at around 12.15pm yesterday and the carriageway was closed while police investigate what happened.
Anyone with any information about the collision or who saw the vehicles in the moments before the incident is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 01622 798538.
Did you know the driver? Call the newsroom on 01689 885725.
- Pet of the Day: Gentle German shepherd dog Phoenix
- Boy, 12, hit by falling shopping trolley in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Giant hippo passes through Thames Barrier
- Greenwich Council gives Crossrail construction works the thumbs up
- Ikea Greenwich could face legal challenge