A DRIVER from Orpington has died after a crash on the hard shoulder of the Orpington bypass which happened yesterday afternoon (January 2).
The 54-year-old man was in a grey Ford Focus when it was in collision with a lorry on the A224 between junction four of the M25 and Hewitts Roundabout.
Ambulance crews and firefighters were called to the scene at around 12.15pm yesterday and the carriageway was closed while police investigate what happened.
Anyone with any information about the collision or who saw the vehicles in the moments before the incident is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 01622 798538.
Did you know the driver? Call the newsroom on 01689 885725.
- Man rushed to hospital after stabbing in Eltham
- Metropolitan Police launches London-wide crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- 'You can see and sense the despair': Chislehurst family raising funds to feed thousands of refugees
- 15-hour inferno rips through two-storey warehouse in Dartford
- Electrical room gutted in fire at Catford Iceland