Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Firefighters battle blaze in Northfleet paper factory
FIRE crews battled a blaze in a Northfleet paper factory for more than three hours yesterday (Jan 2).
Three fire engines and an aerial appliance were sent to the incident at Creek Hall Road at around 4.40pm.
Crews worked for three hours to control the fire in a a paper machine, which destroyed a large amount of paper residue.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "Firefighters worked with onsite fire crews to tackle a blaze in a machine on the fourth floor of a paper making factory.
"One hose reel and two jets were used to extinguish the fire. An aerial appliance was used to provide access and lighting and a thermal imaging camera to check the roof for fire spread.
"A large quantity of paper residue was destroyed."
- New Bromley Borough Commander set to take over this month
- West Wickham man jailed for string of burglaries across Bromley borough
- Man charged with taking jewellery worth £12,435 from two north Kent jewellers
- Sweet little lies parents tell kids: 18 classic fibs mums and dads try to get away with
- Is spring the most wonderful time of the year or do you have a different favourite?
Comments are closed on this article.