A WOMAN has been rushed to hospital after being discovered unconscious in Gravesend yesterday (Jan 2) reportedly in a car boot.
She was found last night in Waterdales, Northfleet, at 10.10pm after she was reported missing around four hours earlier.
There are also reports she was found in the boot of a car but these have not been confirmed.
Twitter user @Kent_999s posted: “GRAVESEND update: A woman in her 40s was found unconscious in a car boot on Waterdales, Northfleet, last night after an intensive search.”
Police helicopters, officers and the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) also attended the scene.
Michelle Barnes, 29, of Waterdales said: “There were lots of police around when I went to the shops around 9 and a helicopter. I could here a lot of activity and noise.”
Another Waterdales resident who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I thought it must have been a murder inquiry because the officers were going round with torches really carefully, near the junction with Mitchell Avenue.
"I think it must have been something serious.”
A Kent Police spokesman told News Shopper: “We were called about concerns for the welfare of a woman in her 40s reported missing from her home in Gravesend at 6.30pm yesterday.
“The helicopter was assisting patrols with an area search. The woman was located in Waterdales, Northfleet, around 10.10pm and taken to hospital for treatment.”
A SECAmb spokesman said: “We were called to the scene by police reporting a woman was unconscious.
"We attended the scene and assessed and treated the woman who was aged approximately in her 40s before she was taken to Darent Valley Hospital for further treatment.”
Did you see anything? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721.
- Saving London from the Great Stink: Abbey Wood's Crossness sewage cathedral reopens to the public
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors