Millwall fan from Swanley charged after linesman's flag ripped during Leicester match (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Millwall fan from Swanley charged after linesman's flag ripped during Leicester match
AN UNEMPLOYED Millwall fan from Swanley has been charged after a linesman's flag was ripped from its pole during a match at the Den.
Ian Wilson, aged 30, of Wisteria Gardens, has been charged with criminal damage over the incident, alleged to have happened after Alan Young did not give a corner during the Lions' 3-1 defeat by top-of-the-table Leicester City on New Year's Day.
He has also been charged with going into an area adjacent to a play area.
Wilson has been bailed to appear at Bromley Magistrates' Court on January 16.
- UPDATE: Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- Sidcup children's home in Jimmy Savile abuse investigation
- Brockley theatre festival gives breakthroughs to emerging playwrights in south east London
- 'Make the whole of Lewisham a 20mph zone'
- Greenwich boatyard still fears high-rise development costs