Millwall fan from Swanley charged after linesman's flag ripped during Leicester match (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Millwall fan from Swanley charged after linesman's flag ripped during Leicester match
AN UNEMPLOYED Millwall fan from Swanley has been charged after a linesman's flag was ripped from its pole during a match at the Den.
Ian Wilson, aged 30, of Wisteria Gardens, has been charged with criminal damage over the incident, alleged to have happened after Alan Young did not give a corner during the Lions' 3-1 defeat by top-of-the-table Leicester City on New Year's Day.
He has also been charged with going into an area adjacent to a play area.
Wilson has been bailed to appear at Bromley Magistrates' Court on January 16.
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
- Boris Johnson visits Bexley to help launch Conservative manifesto