Greenwich and Woolwich MP Nick Raynsford awarded for helping disabled children through sport (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Greenwich and Woolwich MP Nick Raynsford awarded for helping disabled children through sport
GREENWICH and Woolwich MP Nick Raynsford has been given an award for his “outstanding” support in helping disabled children through sport.
Mr Raynsford was awarded a Jack Petchey Foundation Leader Award for outstanding contribution and support for the South London Special League (SLSL) which offers opportunities to disabled young people.
The Labour MP, who announced in March he will not contest the next election, has been a trustee of the SLSL since 2000 when the organisation launched.
He said, “It’s an honour to be given this award, as it is an honour to present the young people at the South London Special League with medals and awards for their own achievements. It is always a pleasure to attend wonderful events at the SLSL.”
South London grant’s officer for the Jack Petchey Foundation, Jane Evans, added: “The South London Special League is a fantastic project.
“We are extremely happy to work with an initiative which simply radiates positivity through the opportunities offered to disabled children across south London.”
- Man punched in Dartford pizza shop during failed robbery
- Biggin Hill Festival of Flight searching for classic car owners
- Two crashes cause delays for Easter Dartford Crossing traffic
- Beckenham Concert Band to perform First World War tribute show
- Bromley family left 'devastated' after unknown woman 'throws pet pug into car and drives off'
Comments are closed on this article.