Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Boris Johnson urging Londoners to work together for a prosperous new year
BORIS Johnson is calling on Londoners to work together in 2014 to ensure the future success of the capital.
In his new year message the mayor of London says 2013 was a memorable year for London, including the birth of Prince George.
And now he says we should look to the future to make next year just as memorable and even more successful.
The mayor said: “We are also beginning to see the signs of a sustained economic recovery.
“As that recovery gathers pace, it is vital that we harness that recovery to build tens of thousands of new homes for Londoners and get hundreds of thousands of young Londoners into work.
“We have the opportunity areas, 33 brownfield sites around London - you can see what's happening in Croydon, Battersea, in the Royal Docks, in Greenwich.
“Let's not forget the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park which reopens next year, a glorious green space that will reinvigorate a huge swathe of east London, bringing jobs and growth to benefit even more Londoners.
"There is excitement, the confidence in our city all around the world.
“We can use that recovery to deliver the homes, the jobs, the prosperity that Londoners need.
“So let's continue to strive and to work together to ensure the future success of our great city.”
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
Comments are closed on this article.