Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Alleged Sidcup Boxing Day burglars appear in court
A PAIR of alleged Sidcup Boxing Day burglars have appeared in court.
Officers were called at just after 4am on Thursday to a reported burglary at a house in Ashcroft Road.
Following a chase involving police dogs and a helicopter Marian Stomlega, 39, of no fixed abode, and Jon Ceama, 24, of Weigall Road, Lee, were both arrested.
They appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Friday each charged with four counts of burglary and will appear again at Inner London Crown Court on January 10.
There was praise for the police on Twitter following the arrests.
@gossipqueen11920h posted: "Amazing work from the police last night and the dogs."
@PeterArronsen20h added: "Well done! Hope the dogs' appetites were satiated!"
- 'Berserk' Eltham dog bites hole in boy's face as he tries to save mum and baby brother
- UPDATE: One lane reopens on M26 after four-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- High housing demand stopping south east London buyers getting homes
- Catford Balfour Beatty London Youth Games chairman bows out after 30 years