Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Alleged Sidcup Boxing Day burglars appear in court
A PAIR of alleged Sidcup Boxing Day burglars have appeared in court.
Officers were called at just after 4am on Thursday to a reported burglary at a house in Ashcroft Road.
Following a chase involving police dogs and a helicopter Marian Stomlega, 39, of no fixed abode, and Jon Ceama, 24, of Weigall Road, Lee, were both arrested.
They appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Friday each charged with four counts of burglary and will appear again at Inner London Crown Court on January 10.
There was praise for the police on Twitter following the arrests.
@gossipqueen11920h posted: "Amazing work from the police last night and the dogs."
@PeterArronsen20h added: "Well done! Hope the dogs' appetites were satiated!"
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
- Boris Johnson visits Bexley to help launch Conservative manifesto