Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham recycing points for drooping Christmas trees to help regenerate parks
DROOPING Christmas trees in Lewisham can be given new life after the festive season by being recycled and used to regenerate parks.
There are collection points open until January 27 where old trees will be chipped and used as mulch in the borough’s parks.
Lewisham Council is also urging residents to recycle Christmas wrapping paper and cards in green bins while unwanted clothes, blankets, curtains and textiles can be deposited at textile bins across the borough.
Lewisham Council cabinet member for customer services Councillor Susan Wise said: “Recycling your old Christmas tree in Lewisham couldn’t be easier, with a choice of convenient drop-off points around the borough.
“And I hope when residents are taking down their cards and sorting out their not-so-new clothes and textiles, they make good use of their green bins and the new textile bins. “Recycling is such an easy and good habit to develop.”
For more information visit www.lewisham.gov.uk/recycling
Christmas tree recycling points in Lewisham can be found at:
• Hilly Fields - entrance in Hilly Fields Crescent, SE4
• Deptford Park - entrance in Scawen Road, SE8
• Telegraph Hill - Pepys Road/Kitto Road entrance, SE14
• Talbot Place - Blackheath, SE3
• Mountsfield Park - entrance top of George Lane, SE13
• Sydenham Wells Park - entrance Wells Park Road, SE26
• Forster Memorial Park - entrance top of Whitefoot Lane, SE6
• Northbrook Park - Baring Road entrance, SE12
• Mayow Park - entrance in Mayow Road, SE23
• Chinbrook Meadows, Amblecote Road, SE12
• Manor House Gardens, Old Road entrance, SE13
• Beckenham Place Park, Old Bromley Road, BR1
- PICTURED: Giant rat reported in Gravesend
- Forest Hill car 'on wrong side of road' hits girls aged 7 and 13
- Sidcup dad is still struggling to find school place for his disabled daughter
- Bunny rabbits need our help this Easter and beyond
- Woman cut from car in Bexleyheath crash
Comments are closed on this article.