Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Cancellations and delays likely on Southeastern trains all day
SOUTHEASTERN says the majority of its services have now started running, though there is still widespread disruption due to heavy rains and strong winds overnight.
Trains running across the whole Southeastern network may be cancelled, delayed or revised at short notice. Disruption is expected to last right up until midnight tonight.
Last night, the company warned that trains would not start until around midday.
In a statement, the company said: "The majority of Metro and Mainline services are now starting to run following the strong winds and heavy rain.
"Network Rail has been assessing the track for damage, flooding and fallen trees and is advising us when it is safe to start running trains.
"There'll be no service between Otford and Maidstone East all day following a landslip at Borough Green and Wrotham."
- UPDATE: Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- Sidcup children's home in Jimmy Savile abuse investigation
- Brockley theatre festival gives breakthroughs to emerging playwrights in south east London
- 'Make the whole of Lewisham a 20mph zone'
- Greenwich boatyard still fears high-rise development costs
Comments are closed on this article.