Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATED: Dartford and Blackwall crossings both partially closed
In Dartford, the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge has been closed due to high winds, with forecasts predicting gusts to exceed 60mph.
The closure will remain in place until approximately 4am tomorrow (Christmas Eve) when it is predicted the high winds will ease.
Delays are expected as the east bore of the tunnel is being used instead for traffic coming into Kent, while vehicles heading into Essex are using just the west bore.
Compounding the problem is a closure of the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach heading southbound due to emergency roadworks, which have been carried out by Transport for London since December 17.
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
- Boris Johnson visits Bexley to help launch Conservative manifesto
Comments are closed on this article.