Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATED: Dartford and Blackwall crossings both partially closed
In Dartford, the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge has been closed due to high winds, with forecasts predicting gusts to exceed 60mph.
The closure will remain in place until approximately 4am tomorrow (Christmas Eve) when it is predicted the high winds will ease.
Delays are expected as the east bore of the tunnel is being used instead for traffic coming into Kent, while vehicles heading into Essex are using just the west bore.
Compounding the problem is a closure of the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach heading southbound due to emergency roadworks, which have been carried out by Transport for London since December 17.
- UPDATE: Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- Sidcup children's home in Jimmy Savile abuse investigation
- Brockley theatre festival gives breakthroughs to emerging playwrights in south east London
- 'Make the whole of Lewisham a 20mph zone'
- Greenwich boatyard still fears high-rise development costs
Comments are closed on this article.