Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexley's Sam Bailey crowned Christmas number one
BEXLEY’S Sam Bailey will have a very merry Christmas indeed after snatching the coveted Christmas number one.
The 36-year-old’s X Factor winner’s single shot straight to the top spot this week, selling twice as many copies as closest rival Pharrell Williams.
With 149,000 copies sold, Sam’s version of Demi Lovato’s Skyscraper is one of the fastest-selling singles of the year.
The mum-of-two, who grew up in Eynsford Road in Bexley Village, described the achievement as “absolutely amazing.”
Chancellor George Osborne waived VAT on the charity single and proceeds will be split between Great Ormond Street Hospital and Together for Short Lives, a charity which helps children with terminal and life-threatening conditions.
- UPDATE: Parents anxiously await recovery of paperboy,14, after Erith lorry crash
- Couple jailed over Lee Rigby videos which glorified his murder
- Can you help Greenwich Police find teen missing for nearly five months?
- Men arrested after mobile phones stolen from Orpington school are found in Peckham shop
- Commonwealth Day celebrated in Bexley
Comments are closed on this article.