Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Mugger steals £1,500 from 72-year-old woman in Beckenham
A MUGGER who attacked a 72-year-old woman in Beckenham and stole £1,500 cash and her bank cards is wanted by police.
The victim had just got off a train and was walking through the alleyway that leads from Eden Park Station to Oakfield Gardens when she was grabbed from behind at around 11pm on Monday (December 16).
She was pulled to the floor and her attacker then opened her bag and took the purse before being chased by people whose homes overlook the scene.
The suspect is described as being a light skinned black youth, aged between 16 and 20, of medium build.
He was wearing a navy blue hooded top and dark tracksuit bottoms.
The pensioner was taken to the Princess Royal University Hospital, Farnborough, where she was treated for a head injury.
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- 'I was shot five times but I'm no hero' - says Bromley war veteran
- Coroner's concern after Blackheath pensioner died on understaffed ward following string of failures
- PICTURED: Motorcyclist killed in Kidbrooke A2 smash named as Christopher Wallace Muir
- CAMRA's 40th beer and cider festival comes to Kidbrooke
Comments are closed on this article.