Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Mugger steals £1,500 from 72-year-old woman in Beckenham
A MUGGER who attacked a 72-year-old woman in Beckenham and stole £1,500 cash and her bank cards is wanted by police.
The victim had just got off a train and was walking through the alleyway that leads from Eden Park Station to Oakfield Gardens when she was grabbed from behind at around 11pm on Monday (December 16).
She was pulled to the floor and her attacker then opened her bag and took the purse before being chased by people whose homes overlook the scene.
The suspect is described as being a light skinned black youth, aged between 16 and 20, of medium build.
He was wearing a navy blue hooded top and dark tracksuit bottoms.
The pensioner was taken to the Princess Royal University Hospital, Farnborough, where she was treated for a head injury.
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- UPDATE: Parents anxiously await recovery of paperboy,14, after Erith lorry crash
- Couple jailed over Lee Rigby videos which glorified his murder
- Can you help Greenwich Police find teen missing for nearly five months?
- Men arrested after mobile phones stolen from Orpington school are found in Peckham shop
- Commonwealth Day celebrated in Bexley
Comments are closed on this article.