New Cross man jailed after raping woman who had gone to bed at a Bermondsey gathering (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
New Cross man jailed after raping woman who had gone to bed at a Bermondsey gathering
A NEW Cross man has been jailed for five years after raping a 22-year-old woman who had gone to bed at a gathering in Bermondsey.
Ricardo Ramsay, aged 25, of Bowerman Avenue, was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court today (DEC 16) to five years in prison for rape after being found guilty on November 18.
The court heard how the victim had been out with her friend in London Bridge in February last year and met a group of men who came back to her Bermondsey flat.
She went to bed, while her friend stayed socialising with the men, and was raped in the night as well as having items stolen from her flat.
The victim contacted police the following day and detectives identified Ramsay from CCTV at a bar the group had been to.
He was arrested on March 29 last year and charged with rape on October 3 of the same year.
Ramsay originally stood trial at Woolwich Crown Court on June 17 but a retrial was ordered after the jury failed to reach a verdict.
He will be on the sex offenders’ register for the rest of his life.
- Pupils at Beaverwood School in Chislehurst allegedly sprayed in face with chemical substance
- Dead horse dumped outside Dartford home
- New Cross Nathan Allen murder victim shot dead in 'trivial row over motorbike'
- Orpington woman must pay almost £600 after dumping wood in St Paul's Cray car park
- Charlton appoint Jose Riga as new head coach after Chris Powell sacking
Comments are closed on this article.