Let's hope her single's not a turkey: Artist creates likeness of Bexley X Factor star Sam Bailey from food (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Let's hope her single's not a turkey: Artist creates likeness of Bexley X Factor star Sam Bailey from food
THEY say success tastes sweet, but if you’re Sam Bailey it is more savoury.
Artist Nathan Wyburn has created portraits of this weekend’s three X Factor finalists – Bexley’s Sam Bailey, Luke Friend and Nicholas McDonald – using festive foods.
He spent more than 30 hours on the creations, using 2kg of turkey, 144 slices of ham, 89 sprouts, 168 carrot sticks, five large Christmas puds and a load of mince pies.
Nathan said the images “brought some festive cheer” to his studio.
"I'm well and truly in the spirit now,” he said.
"In fact, thanks to all the delicious smells, I'm looking forward to my own Christmas dinner even more than usual - although I have to say, the smell of sprouts did start to get to me a little bit towards the end."
The edible artwork was created for Hotpoint, using the firm's new steam blender to prepare the ingredients.
- Sidcup dad grows desperate as schools say there is no space for disabled daughter
- Bromley panto star Anna Williamson hopes to make a Splash on ITV
- Top five tips for hosting this Christmas
- RECIPE: Great British Bake Off champion Frances Quinn's Christmas Snowflake Cake
- Extra panto date added in Greenwich due to demand
Comments are closed on this article.