Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Crash on A2 in Gravesend
A CRASH has occurred on the A2 this morning (Dec 12).
The incident in Watling Street, just before the A227, involved two cars and resulted in a man being taken to Medway Maritime Hospital with reportedly minor injuries.
Lane one was closed for around an hour but has recently been re-opened.
A Kent Police spokesman said: “We were called just after 7.30am.
"The collision was on the London bound carriage way of the A2 just before the junction the A227 to Wrotham.
“Two cars were involved and lane one was closed until around 8.45am while emergency services dealt with the incident and the vehicles were recovered."
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said: "We were called just after 7.30am to reports of an accident in Watling Street (A2 westbound).
"We sent a car and an ambulance to the scene and treated a 49-year-old man for neck and back pain before taking him as a priority to Medway Maritime Hospital.
"He was fully conscious."
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
Comments are closed on this article.