TODAY’s announcement on a future Lower Thames Crossing has ruled out Option B.
Dartford MP Gareth Johnson has released a statement saying he is delighted by the Government’s decision to rule out building a new crossing in Dartford’s Swanscombe Peninsula.
The announcement keeps Options A and C options open until after further environmental studies have been carried out.
This leaves a new crossing at the existing Dartford to Thurrock site and one connecting the M2 with the A13 in Essex east of Gravesend, both very much on the table.
It had been thought a final decision would be announced today.
- Stat Chat: What do people think about driverless cars?
- Pet of the Day: Charlie the Staffie is not a fan of thunder
- Goldsmiths professor wins diversity award
- Erith woman's anger at Wetherspoon's 'lack of compassion' following father's bathroom fall
- Lewisham Islamic Centre joins wife of British hostage in IS release plea