TODAY’s announcement on a future Lower Thames Crossing has ruled out Option B.
Dartford MP Gareth Johnson has released a statement saying he is delighted by the Government’s decision to rule out building a new crossing in Dartford’s Swanscombe Peninsula.
The announcement keeps Options A and C options open until after further environmental studies have been carried out.
This leaves a new crossing at the existing Dartford to Thurrock site and one connecting the M2 with the A13 in Essex east of Gravesend, both very much on the table.
It had been thought a final decision would be announced today.
- Boy, 12, hit by falling shopping trolley in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Giant hippo passes through Thames Barrier
- Greenwich Council gives Crossrail construction works the thumbs up
- Ikea Greenwich could face legal challenge
- PICTURES: Buster the dog finds loving new Welling home after appeal