TODAY’s announcement on a future Lower Thames Crossing has ruled out Option B.
Dartford MP Gareth Johnson has released a statement saying he is delighted by the Government’s decision to rule out building a new crossing in Dartford’s Swanscombe Peninsula.
The announcement keeps Options A and C options open until after further environmental studies have been carried out.
This leaves a new crossing at the existing Dartford to Thurrock site and one connecting the M2 with the A13 in Essex east of Gravesend, both very much on the table.
It had been thought a final decision would be announced today.
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- 'Somewhere to go off the street corners': Petition against demolition of Grove Park youth club
- REVEALED: How to get FIFA 17 first in Bexley
- Lord Sugar's Apprentice line-up includes 5 Londoners, a 'Tasmanian Devil' and 'pocket rocket'
- VIDEO: Firefighters called after car bursts into flames on A2 in Eltham