Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lower Thames Crossing announcement rules out Option B
TODAY’s announcement on a future Lower Thames Crossing has ruled out Option B.
Dartford MP Gareth Johnson has released a statement saying he is delighted by the Government’s decision to rule out building a new crossing in Dartford’s Swanscombe Peninsula.
The announcement keeps Options A and C options open until after further environmental studies have been carried out.
This leaves a new crossing at the existing Dartford to Thurrock site and one connecting the M2 with the A13 in Essex east of Gravesend, both very much on the table.
It had been thought a final decision would be announced today.
- UPDATED: 12-year-old boy airlifted to hospital after seven-vehicle crash on A20 between Sidcup and Swanley Interchange
- WIN! Beauty and hair treatments for Mother's Day at Shobiz in Sidcup
- Catford Excalibur estate prefab becomes pop-up exhibition centre
- Missing St Paul's Cray 15-year-old missing since January found safe and well
- Past colleagues of Bromley murder victim Ronald Parsons pay tribute
Comments are closed on this article.