Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Abbey Wood De Lucy Primary School to be expanded in £3.5m scheme
A GREENWICH councillor has approved spending £3.5m on expanding an Abbey Wood primary school, using part of the park next door.
De Lucy Primary School in Cookhill Road will be expanded from 420 pupils to 630 by constructing a new teaching building with six classrooms.
Additional play space, a bigger staff room and extensions to existing buildings are also proposed.
The proposals will also see a small portion of land from neighbouring Abbey Wood Park given over to the project.
Cabinet member for regeneration Councillor Denise Hyland has approved the scheme using delegated powers.
Work is due to be completed in time for the autumn term next year.
- Bromley College invites applications to new 'innovative' campuses
- Eltham Hill School is 'outstanding' say Ofsted inspectors
- Kids treated to new Horniman adventure thanks to mobile app
- Under-fire Beaverwood School for Girls to change name after alleged chemical attack
- Algae burgers on menu at Greenwich Uni to tackle 'freshers' flu'
Comments are closed on this article.