Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Abbey Wood De Lucy Primary School to be expanded in £3.5m scheme
A GREENWICH councillor has approved spending £3.5m on expanding an Abbey Wood primary school, using part of the park next door.
De Lucy Primary School in Cookhill Road will be expanded from 420 pupils to 630 by constructing a new teaching building with six classrooms.
Additional play space, a bigger staff room and extensions to existing buildings are also proposed.
The proposals will also see a small portion of land from neighbouring Abbey Wood Park given over to the project.
Cabinet member for regeneration Councillor Denise Hyland has approved the scheme using delegated powers.
Work is due to be completed in time for the autumn term next year.
- A Practically Perfect dance production at Beaverwood School for Girls
- Gravel Hill Primary School in Bexleyheath celebrates good Ofsted result
- Eltham school choir's plea for funds to get to global singing competition in Wales
- Bexleyheath Academy headteacher celebrates after school has a waiting list for the first time ever
- Welling schoolkids help protect the rhinos
Comments are closed on this article.