Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Dartford MP Gareth Johnson readopted as Tory candidate for the town
DARTFORD MP Gareth Johnson has been readopted as the Conservative candidate to represent the town.
He captured the parliamentary seat from Labour at the 2010 election and will be hoping to increase his majority of 10,628 in 2015.
The former solicitor was confirmed as the preferred choice of the Dartford Conservative Association at a meeting on Friday evening.
Mr Johnson said: "I am delighted to have been readopted by Dartford Conservatives to be their candidate for the 2015 general election.
"It has been a genuine honour to be the town's MP over the last three-and-a-half years and everyone's support gives me the chance to continue to serve the people of Dartford beyond 2015."
Dartford Conservative Association chairman and borough councillor Drew Swinderd added: "Gareth's re-adoption by the association shows the great confidence which its membership has in his record as the member of Parliament and is a reward for his dedication and hard work in representing the people of Dartford."
- Bromley family left 'devastated' after unknown woman 'throws pet pug into car and drives off'
- Penalties, deadly diseases, Jose Mourinho and James Milner: 10 reasons why England WILL win the World Cup in Brazil
- Man injured in Gravesend flat fire
- Resurfacing works scheduled for A20 in Kent
- Serious accident in Swanley sees A20 slip road closed
Comments are closed on this article.