Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexleyheath Academy teacher Stuart Kerner to face trial in March next year
A BEXLEYHEATH Academy teacher accused of eight counts of sexual activity with a child will go on trial in March next year.
Stuart Kerner, 42, appeared at Inner London Crown Court today (December 9) for a case management hearing after pleading not guilty to all counts in November.
His trial is set to begin on March 17.
He denied engaging in sexual activity with the same girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, beginning when she was 15 years old.
The offences are alleged to have happened at the school in Woolwich Road between March 2011 and October last year as well as at Kerner’s home address in Russett Close, Aylesford.
Kerner, who was originally arrested on January 28 this year, was listed on the school's website as assistant vice-principal but has now been removed.
- Man punched in Dartford pizza shop during failed robbery
- Biggin Hill Festival of Flight searching for classic car owners
- Two crashes cause delays for Easter Dartford Crossing traffic
- Beckenham Concert Band to perform First World War tribute show
- Bromley family left 'devastated' after unknown woman 'throws pet pug into car and drives off'