Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Southeastern 'broken down train' at Hither Green causing travel problems
ANGRY commuters have taken to Twitter to voice their discontent after problems with a train at Hither Green this morning (December 5).
Passengers have been told delays were caused by a broken down train at the station.
But the official Twitter feed for Southeastern @Se_Railway tweeted: “Really sorry for the lack of information, the issue at Hither Green is due to a passenger alarm being pulled on board earlier.”
One commuter Russell Spink tweeted Southeastern to say: “What on earth is going on at Hither Green?! Huge crowds, no trains and the only announcement is 'Smoking is not permitted...'”
And @charlie_a8411m wrote: “@Se_Railway yet another failed journey. Train develops a problem, sits still for 20 minutes and now cancelled. Hither green #overcrowded!”
@claireabell8316m said: “Another day, another example of crap service from @Se_Railway crowds of people kicked off a broken train at hither green. No staff, no help.”
And commuter David Mills told News Shopper: "There were more announcements about the new timetable starting on Sunday than any useful information about when one might be able to actually catch a train."
How long did your journey take this morning? Did you get caught up in the Hither Green problems. Have your say below.
- Top 10 charity shops in south-east London for books, clothes and electrical goods
- 'Kidbrooke might not quite be the same': Greenwich actor Dominic Cooper talks Need for Speed
- What's the best way to open a jar lid that's stuck shut?
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
Comments are closed on this article.