What's the right way to hang a toilet roll? Should flap be under or over, in our out? (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
What's the right way to hang a toilet roll? Should flap be under or over, in our out?
6:30am Thursday 5th December 2013 in News
FOR today’s burning question we’re looking to get to the bottom of which way a roll of toilet paper should hang.
As per the image above, are you someone who prefers the hanging piece facing towards the wall when the roll’s on a holder or do you like the flap to be facing inwards towards the toilet? Should the paper unroll from behind (under) the roll or in front (over) the roll?
Where do you stand, or rather sit, on toilet roll orientation?
Stephen Sangster suggested this as a burning question on Twitter, and gave his opinion as: “I think it should hang closest to the wall.”
Let’s see if we can crack this one and wipe it off the list by finding a consensus on the right way to do it.
The Burning Questions feature aims to resolve some of the oddities of social etiquette, settle some of life’s perennial arguments and answer some of those tricky questions with readers’ collective knowledge.
If there is an issue you’re always squabbling about with workmates or friends or something that makes you go hmmm, email me with your suggestions for future burning questions to ask.
- What's the best way to open a jar lid that's stuck shut?
- Is spring the most wonderful time of the year or do you have a different favourite?
- Your teen idols: Who did you swoon over and have posters of on your bedroom wall?
- Take the plunge and say what the scariest thing you've ever done is
- Ouch, painful! But what hurts most out of stubbing toe, stepping on Lego, paper cut or hitting funny bone?
Comments are closed on this article.