Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lanterns lead light switch on in Greenwich
A LANTERN parade through the middle of town kicked of Christmas celebrations in Greenwich last week.
The Greenwich Market light switch on last Wednesday (November 27) began with a procession of colourful carol-inspired lanterns by children from St Alfege, Meridian, St Matthews and James Wolfe schools.
A New Orleans Jazz Quartet from Trinity Laban led the lanterns, accompanied by the town’s Mayor, MP Nick Raynsford, Greenwich Hospital director Hugh Player and the cast of this year’s Greenwich Theatre pantomime.
The Christmas Lights Countdown was hosted for the third year running by CBeebies’ Sarah Jane Honeywell, who was joined by Connor Byrne from Tracy Beaker, as well as Santa Claus.
Sarah Jane said: “Greenwich Market Lights On is the most magical in London and I love the fact the kids get to participate and you can shop.”
- Sidcup dad grows desperate as schools say there is no space for disabled daughter
- Bromley panto star Anna Williamson hopes to make a Splash on ITV
- Top five tips for hosting this Christmas
- RECIPE: Great British Bake Off champion Frances Quinn's Christmas Snowflake Cake
- Extra panto date added in Greenwich due to demand
Comments are closed on this article.