Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
St Paul's Cray man arrested for shining laser at Met Police helicopter
A 46-YEAR-OLD man endangered the safety of a Met police helicopter by shining a laser at it as it flew over St Paul’s Cray this morning (December 3).
The crew of the aircraft used their video equipment to trace the source of the laser after it was shone while the helicopter was in the Orpington area at 12.40am.
Bromley police officers on the ground were directed to the St Paul’s Cray area, where the man was arrested at the identified address.
A laser pen was recovered from the home.
The suspect was taken to a south London police station where he admitted the offence and was given a police caution for endangering the safety of an aircraft.
- UPDATE: Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- Sidcup children's home in Jimmy Savile abuse investigation
- Brockley theatre festival gives breakthroughs to emerging playwrights in south east London
- 'Make the whole of Lewisham a 20mph zone'
- Greenwich boatyard still fears high-rise development costs
Comments are closed on this article.