Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: New fleet of 'green gritters' gear up for Greenwich's winter streets
4:41pm Monday 2nd December 2013 in News
THESE images show a fleet of brand new gritters gearing up to take on Greenwich’s streets this winter.
They are some of the first 'greener gritters' to be rolled out in the UK by EM Highway Services with targets to be more environmentally-friendly under new Euro 6 limits.
The Mercedes Benz Euro 6 Arocs gritters aim to reduce NOx by 97 per cent, reduce particulate matter by more than 99 per cent and cut fuel and CO2 emissions by five per cent.
Mitesh Solanki, local authority service director for EM, said: “EM has constantly challenged the market and highway industry to be more sustainable in its approach to service delivery.
“Particularly in London where we have constantly challenged ourselves to reduce the impact to air quality in collaboration with our fleet provision partner.
“The introduction of greener gritters further supports our aspirations and we hope the industry will follow our lead in order to support clients to deliver the challenging carbon reduction targets that is so rightly expected.”
- UPDATED: 12-year-old boy airlifted to hospital after seven-vehicle crash on A20 between Sidcup and Swanley Interchange
- Kidbrooke Village sheltered housing residents lose all their parking
- Count Dracula heads to Stone thanks to Dartford horror enthusiast
- WIN! Beauty and hair treatments for Mother's Day at Shobiz in Sidcup
- Catford Excalibur estate prefab becomes pop-up exhibition centre
Comments are closed on this article.