Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: New fleet of 'green gritters' gear up for Greenwich's winter streets
4:41pm Monday 2nd December 2013 in News
THESE images show a fleet of brand new gritters gearing up to take on Greenwich’s streets this winter.
They are some of the first 'greener gritters' to be rolled out in the UK by EM Highway Services with targets to be more environmentally-friendly under new Euro 6 limits.
The Mercedes Benz Euro 6 Arocs gritters aim to reduce NOx by 97 per cent, reduce particulate matter by more than 99 per cent and cut fuel and CO2 emissions by five per cent.
Mitesh Solanki, local authority service director for EM, said: “EM has constantly challenged the market and highway industry to be more sustainable in its approach to service delivery.
“Particularly in London where we have constantly challenged ourselves to reduce the impact to air quality in collaboration with our fleet provision partner.
“The introduction of greener gritters further supports our aspirations and we hope the industry will follow our lead in order to support clients to deliver the challenging carbon reduction targets that is so rightly expected.”
- Three injured as police vehicle and car crash in Lewisham High Street
- Orpington girl wins tasty National Trust cake competition
- Man charged with assault over Gravesend pre-Christmas attack
- PICTURED: Memories of Dartford during the First World War revealed
- Dartford driver says Princes Road potholes are an 'accident waiting to happen'
Comments are closed on this article.