Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Bexley station has reopened following gas cylinder fire
BEXLEY station has reopened following a gas cylinder fire this afternoon.
Nine members of staff were evacuated and a safety cordon was set up as gas cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
Trains through the station were suspended and delays are expected to continue until at least 6pm.
London Fire Brigade were called at 3.08pm to reports of a fence alight and two fire engines attended the scene.
There are disruptions on Southeastern services between London Bridge and Dartford, and between London Bridge and Crayford.
Trains via Sidcup are suspended, with trains either being cancelled or diverted via Bexleyheath.
Tickets are being accepted on London Bus and DLR services.
For live travel information, visit the Southeastern website.
- UPDATE: Three women arrested over Abbey Wood stabbing
- The Seven Wonders of Childhood revealed
- Pixie Lott gives surprise charity performance at Bromley school
- 20 months and six cancelled operations leave Orpington man requiring knee replacement 'suicidal'
- PICTURED: Help catch Bexley's six most wanted suspects this week
Comments are closed on this article.