Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Bexley station has reopened following gas cylinder fire
BEXLEY station has reopened following a gas cylinder fire this afternoon.
Nine members of staff were evacuated and a safety cordon was set up as gas cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
Trains through the station were suspended and delays are expected to continue until at least 6pm.
London Fire Brigade were called at 3.08pm to reports of a fence alight and two fire engines attended the scene.
There are disruptions on Southeastern services between London Bridge and Dartford, and between London Bridge and Crayford.
Trains via Sidcup are suspended, with trains either being cancelled or diverted via Bexleyheath.
Tickets are being accepted on London Bus and DLR services.
For live travel information, visit the Southeastern website.
- Three injured as police vehicle and car crash in Lewisham High Street
- Orpington girl wins tasty National Trust cake competition
- Man charged with assault over Gravesend pre-Christmas attack
- PICTURED: Memories of Dartford during the First World War revealed
- Dartford driver says Princes Road potholes are an 'accident waiting to happen'
Comments are closed on this article.