LEWISHAM's choir of NHS workers are back with a Christmas charity single following last year’s TV fame on Gareth Malone’s show The Choir: Sing While You Work.
The singers – made up of doctors, nurses, therapists and more – are marking the choir’s first anniversary with a single in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support and local healthcare charities.
The choir just missed out in the final of the BBC series Sing While You Work and have regularly performed for hospital patients as well as at concerts across the UK.
Their track A Bridge Over You is a unique arrangement based on Coldplay’s Fix You and Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel and will be released on December 9.
Children’s physiotherapist and Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust choir member, Caroline Smith, said: “To mark our first anniversary, we wanted to create something that would celebrate the thousands of dedicated NHS staff across the country.
“It was a dream come true to make a single and the sentiment of both these songs really symbolises the healing natures of our jobs. We hope that the public will enjoy the song and help us to support some very worthy causes.”
The track will be available to download from all major online retailers and the choir’s website nhschoir.co.uk with a taster currently available.
- Argos says DO NOT use these car seats due to child safety fears
- CUTE PETS: Just one week left in dogs' category - see all the 240+ photos so far here
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish