LEWISHAM's choir of NHS workers are back with a Christmas charity single following last year’s TV fame on Gareth Malone’s show The Choir: Sing While You Work.
The singers – made up of doctors, nurses, therapists and more – are marking the choir’s first anniversary with a single in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support and local healthcare charities.
The choir just missed out in the final of the BBC series Sing While You Work and have regularly performed for hospital patients as well as at concerts across the UK.
Their track A Bridge Over You is a unique arrangement based on Coldplay’s Fix You and Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel and will be released on December 9.
Children’s physiotherapist and Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust choir member, Caroline Smith, said: “To mark our first anniversary, we wanted to create something that would celebrate the thousands of dedicated NHS staff across the country.
“It was a dream come true to make a single and the sentiment of both these songs really symbolises the healing natures of our jobs. We hope that the public will enjoy the song and help us to support some very worthy causes.”
The track will be available to download from all major online retailers and the choir’s website nhschoir.co.uk with a taster currently available.
- Woman in critical condition after crash in Bexley
- 'Predatory paedophile' jailed for 21 years for raping boy and indecently assaulting three other children
- New quid on the block: Round pounds on way out with new coin arriving tomorrow
- Beckenham off-duty firefighter saved man's life when he suddenly stopped breathing at St Patrick's Day parade
- Car tax rules are changing this week and you could be paying more: Here's what you need to know