TWO Lewisham teenagers have been jailed for more than 10 years in total over the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy at a Deptford house party.
The knifing took place after a large-scale fight broke out at a birthday party in Admiralty Close and spilled on to Giffin Street in the early hours of September 12 last year.
Reginald Johnson, aged 19, of Elfrida Crescent, Bellingham, was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on November 8 to five years and four months in prison for grievous bodily harm.
And Basit Borokini, aged 18, of Iona Close, Catford, was sentenced at the same court to four years and eight months imprisonment for the same charge.
Johnson, Borokini, the 16-year-old victim, and another teenager were all found suffering from stab wounds by London Ambulance Service staff and police officers who were called at 2.45am to the scene.
They were taken to hospital and Borokini and Johnson were arrested in connection with the stabbing after being discharged.
Lewisham police have applauded the "lengthy" prison sentences over the incident which could have cost "a young boy his life".
Detective Constable Abraham Pino, of Lewisham’s Operations Trilogy Gangs Unit, said: "This was a large scale disturbance involving a number of individuals.
"What started off as a gathering between friends to celebrate a birthday turned into violence that led to a 16-year-old being stabbed.
"Luckily his injuries were not life-threatening and he has since made a full recovery.
"I am pleased that the judge has handed down lengthy custodial sentences to Borokini and Johnson whose actions could have led to a young boy losing his life."
The pair were found guilty of GBH at Woolwich Crown Court on October 8.
- 15-year-old boy arrested in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation
- 'Jordan was preparing to go on a family holiday - now his parents are planning his funeral', police chief says on day arrest made and £10k reward is offered
- 'Simply unbelievable': Strangers turn up with car loads of toys to help a burgled pre-school
- Forest Hill restaurant sparks fury with a tasteless comment saying cats 'taste great with Pinot Grigio'
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield