Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Thirty-five firefighters battle blaze in Penge Road, Anerley
THIRTY-FIVE firefighters fought a blaze in a large four storey house in Penge Road, Anerley, last night.
The brigade was called at 11.38pm and spent almost three hours getting the fire under control.
Fourteen residents and three pet cats were evacuated from the building while a man and two children, who fled before fire services arrived, were treated for slight smoke inhalation.
A first floor flat was severely damaged and a second floor flat partly damaged by fire.
An electrical intake room on the first floor was completely destroyed.
Six fire engines from Croydon, Woodside, Forest Hill, Norbury, Surbiton and Beckenham fire stations went to the scene.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'Kidbrooke might not quite be the same': Greenwich actor Dominic Cooper talks Need for Speed
- What's the best way to open a jar lid that's stuck shut?
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
Comments are closed on this article.