THIRTY-FIVE firefighters fought a blaze in a large four storey house in Penge Road, Anerley, last night.
The brigade was called at 11.38pm and spent almost three hours getting the fire under control.
Fourteen residents and three pet cats were evacuated from the building while a man and two children, who fled before fire services arrived, were treated for slight smoke inhalation.
A first floor flat was severely damaged and a second floor flat partly damaged by fire.
An electrical intake room on the first floor was completely destroyed.
Six fire engines from Croydon, Woodside, Forest Hill, Norbury, Surbiton and Beckenham fire stations went to the scene.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or e-mail email@example.com
- Pet of the Day: Moana goes undercover
- Lewisham and Greenwich pair jailed with gang of eight for smuggling cocaine worth millions in banana crates
- Dartford motorcyclist killed in van collision
- Dartford bridge car accident results in lorry spillage
- Traffic Update: Delays and possible cancellations on trains between Dartford and London Bridge