THIRTY-FIVE firefighters fought a blaze in a large four storey house in Penge Road, Anerley, last night.
The brigade was called at 11.38pm and spent almost three hours getting the fire under control.
Fourteen residents and three pet cats were evacuated from the building while a man and two children, who fled before fire services arrived, were treated for slight smoke inhalation.
A first floor flat was severely damaged and a second floor flat partly damaged by fire.
An electrical intake room on the first floor was completely destroyed.
Six fire engines from Croydon, Woodside, Forest Hill, Norbury, Surbiton and Beckenham fire stations went to the scene.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- TRAVEL: Engineering work disrupting trains this weekend
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- False funding claim revealed in New Bermondsey sports development
- Increasing social care cost puts strain on Bexley council as councillors prepare to debate upcoming budget
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?