THIRTY-FIVE firefighters fought a blaze in a large four storey house in Penge Road, Anerley, last night.
The brigade was called at 11.38pm and spent almost three hours getting the fire under control.
Fourteen residents and three pet cats were evacuated from the building while a man and two children, who fled before fire services arrived, were treated for slight smoke inhalation.
A first floor flat was severely damaged and a second floor flat partly damaged by fire.
An electrical intake room on the first floor was completely destroyed.
Six fire engines from Croydon, Woodside, Forest Hill, Norbury, Surbiton and Beckenham fire stations went to the scene.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or e-mail email@example.com
- 12 policies cats and dogs want to see in the 2015 general election
- Manager of New Cross sex cinema: 'What's wrong with people enjoying themselves?'
- Weekend London Tube strike: What you need to know
- New pay-and-display parking rules allow 10 minutes' grace
- Family of missing Edmonton teen who has links to Lewisham desperate to hear from her