Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Man falls from QE2 Bridge and drowns in Greenhithe Causeway
A MAN drowned by the pier at Greenhithe after jumping from the QE2 Bridge on Friday (Nov 1).
Ambulance crews and police cars rushed to the scene after being called at 1.50pm and CPR was attempted on the victim.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "It is being treated as a non-suspicious death.
"Motorists reported seeing him jump from the QE2 Bridge.
"It is believed the victim came from east London."
Twitter user SteveBull75 said: "Someone was being given CPR on greenhithe pier.
"Looks like he was pulled from water but has now died. Very sad."
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said: "We were called at around 1.50pm to Greenhithe Causeway.
"We received reports of a person who had fallen from a bridge.
"Two ambulances, a car and an air ambulance were sent.
"Sadly despite everyone's best efforts the victim, a man, died at the scene."
- Greenwich parents urged to sign kids up for free school meals
- TOWIE star Chloe Sims on Christmas with Joey Essex and New Year's resolutions ahead of Bluewater appearance
- Swancombe residents breathe a sigh of relief at Thames crossing decision
- Gravesend man jailed for cocaine dealing
- Bexley star Sam Bailey says X Factor has already changed her life
Comments are closed on this article.