Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Sydenham Kiss FM man's pub noise plea falls on deaf ears
A SYDENHAM neighbour's plea for action over a noisy pub garden has fallen on deaf ears.
James Pimenta, 43, had resorted to driving out drinkers from the Railway Tavern in Sydenham by pumping out dance music at full volume from his Southend Lane flat.
But a Lewisham Council licensing committee review last week rejected his complaints that action should be taken because noisy punters were making his life a misery.
Landlord Yener Karahan said afterwards: "It only took a few minutes for them to make a decision.
"I'm happy, because this was shown to be wasting our time."
Mr Pimenta said: "My next step is to take the matter to the magistrates' court, but I will not make the same mistake again.
"I will be armed with the correct paperwork and relevant procedures. I am not sure when this will be."
- PICTURED: Met Police helicopter captures stunning images of London in the fog
- Man who stabbed himself in Sidcup dies in hospital
- X FACTOR: Sam Bailey's to duet with axed Tamera Foster's mentor Nicole Scherzinger
- Midnight trading comes to Kent ahead of Christmas rush
- Feeding tips for garden birds facing battle for survival over winter months
Comments are closed on this article.