Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
VIDEO: Two injured in Blackheath fireworks hog roast van blaze
TWO people were taken to hospital suffering from burns after a hog roast van went up in flames at the Blackheath fireworks display.
Emergency services were called out at 10.20pm on November 2, after the main event on the heath.
On arrival, they found two men and a woman suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.
One patient did not want to go to hospital, but two were taken to Lewisham Hospital by the British Red Cross.
A spokeswoman for the London Fire Brigade, which sent crews from East Greenwich and Lee Green, said the incident was over by 11.25pm, although the work of fire fighters was hampered by the presence of gas cylinders.
The van was completely destroyed by the fire, which investigators believe was started by a gas leak.
- Offensive social media posts after Petts Wood train death
- VIDEO: Angry naked man in Hither Green
- Challenge to get fit in 30 days in Bromley and Dulwich
- Parks across Bexley will be left open at night as council try to save £200,000 a year
- Parents and staff 'devastated' as popular Chislehurst nursery to close
Comments are closed on this article.