Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Burning Questions: When does a village become a town? Do you know what defines one from the other?
FOR this burning question we want to find out what the difference is between a village and a town.
Is there a set rule which clearly defines one from the other, or is it more subjective?
Does it come down to population or are there other things a village needs in order to be classed as a town?
Within News Shopper’s area there are various places which could be thought of as either, such as Petts Wood, Greenhithe, Mottingham and Swanscombe – do you think any of these qualify as towns? Is Bexley Village really a village?
If you have any ideas on when a village becomes a town, or if you know the definitive answer, add your comments below.
Our Burning Questions feature aims to settle some of life’s perennial arguments and answer some of its little mysteries with readers’ collective knowledge.
We’d love your suggestions for arguments and questions you’d like us to cover. What are the things that make you go hmmm? Add your comments below or email us
- CDs vs downloads: How do you prefer to buy your music?
- Should you tip your hairdresser or barber after paying?
- What's the right way to hang a toilet roll? Should flap be under or over, in our out?
- What are your favourite Christmas pop songs and the festive tunes you hate?
- Self-serve checkouts in supermarkets: Are they good or evil?
Comments are closed on this article.