Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Man arrested after motorcyclist hit by car on A2 near Dartford
A MOTORCYCLIST is fighting for his life after being hit by a car on the A2 near Bean in the early hours of this morning.
Emergency services were called to the Kent-bound carriageway at 1.25am to reports of a collision between a black Yamaha YBR 125 motorbike and a light blue Ford Focus.
The 51-year-old motorcyclist from the north Kent area, was rushed to King's College Hospital in London by road with serious head injuries.
He was also suffering from wounds to his lower leg, upper arm and upper and lower body.
A 32-year-old man from Maidstone has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and remains in custody.
The road was closed between the Bean Interchange and the A2260 while officers carried out an investigation.
It re-opened at 9.35am this morning.
Kent Police officers are now keen to speak with two drivers who were behind the collision, in lanes one and two.
Witnesses should call the serious collision investigation unit on 01622 798538.
- PICTURED: Met Police helicopter captures stunning images of London in the fog
- Man who stabbed himself in Sidcup dies in hospital
- X FACTOR: Sam Bailey's to duet with axed Tamera Foster's mentor Nicole Scherzinger
- Midnight trading comes to Kent ahead of Christmas rush
- Feeding tips for garden birds facing battle for survival over winter months
Comments are closed on this article.