Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Doreen Lawrence opens Eltham Hill School
A REBUILT Eltham school has been offically opened by Baroness Doreen Lawrence.
Eltham Hill School's new co-educational post-16 unit opened at the beginning of term in a new building with advanced technology and communication facilities
The rebuilding scheme has involved demolishing the school’s 1970s buildings, refurbishing the original 1920s school and constructing three new teaching blocks.
In all, the scheme has created an additional 9,000 square metres of floorspace, as well as a new sports pitch, landscaping and car parking.
Headteacher Madeleine Griffin said, "The outstanding facilities ensure that we will continue to provide an innovative and creative approach to learning for the 21st century.
"I have the pleasure of working with highly-motivated, creative and enthusiastic staff who work closely together to inspire and engage our students. The sense of pride staff and students have in the school is tangible. These are indeed exciting times."
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.