A BEXLEYHEATH shopper was left feeling "like the scum of the earth" after she was banned from a Primark store for taking a photograph of a Christmas jumper.
Jade-Marie Harman popped into the Bexleyheath Broadway store "on the off chance" when she stumbled across the clothing store’s latest range of festive clothing.
The 25-year-old told News Shopper: "I thought they were so cheap at £3 so I took a picture to show my friend.
"The next thing I know, I hear a voice shout ‘you can't take photos in here, it's against the law.’ "She said she was a floor manager and said if I carry on taking photos I'll be banned from the store.
"I explained as to why I took the photo and that I was purchasing the items anyway."
Following the brief altercation, Miss Harman bought two jumpers at the upstairs tills before getting in the lift to leave the store, shortly after 1.30pm on October 19.
The mother-of-three said: "When I got out the lift a massive security guard came up to me and said ‘you need to come with me for a moment.’
"Everyone around me was looking at me because they think I have nicked something.
"He said ‘you are banned from Primark.’ "I was crying my eyes out.
"There was snot coming out my nose in the middle of the street - I felt like the scum of the earth."
After an hour of arguing, Miss Harman eventually spoke with the store manager who apologised for the way she had been treated and confirmed she was not banned from the store.
The Keightley Drive, New Eltham resident said: "So many people go out shopping and think ‘I will show my mum that’ or they Facebook the pictures.
"I just saw this Christmas jumper with Mr Christmas on the front of it.
"I just thought it was a bargain and it was really cute."
A Primark spokesman was unavailable to comment.
What do you think? Should you be allowed to take pictures in a shop?
Have your say below.
- Bromley primary school places revealed as 83% get first choice
- National Offer Day - did your child get in? Find out how the rest of the country fared
- Just 4% of Kent kids miss out on chosen primary school
- Safety lesson after 300 Greenwich schoolchildren evacuated due to gas leak
- Eltham pupils say goodbye to their old school ahead of demolition