Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Ikea superstore plan for Bugsby's Way, Charlton
CHARLTON could be about to get an Ikea superstore if the Swedish furniture giant's plans prove popular.
The firm is planning to submit an application for outline planning permission on the site currently occupied by Comet and Sainsbury's, which plans a move to nearby Gallions Way.
In a notice on their website, Ikea say the store would be their most accessible in the UK and would be built using sustainable materials.
And the company claims the outlet would "create up to 400 job opportunities for local people as well as generating an additional 200 jobs during the construction phase".
A public exhibition of the proposals takes place from 12pm 7pm on November 9 at The Forum @ Greenwich, Trafalgar Road.
Representatives from the project team will be at the exhibition to explain the proposal and answer any questions.
An unstaffed exhibition will be at East Greenwich Library, Woolwich Road, from November 11 to November 23.
- Dartford MP Gareth Johnson 'saddened' by Waitrose's confirmed closure
- BECKENHAM: Christmas Beckenham Business Association meeting - Tues 3 December
- Barclays in Crossways Business Park to close as the bank slashes 1,700 jobs
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity event at Owen Hearing in West Wickham
- BROMLEY - Business and Christmas Goodies
Comments are closed on this article.