Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Burning Questions: What's the point of your philtrum? Do you know where it is and what it does?
DO you have any idea what your philtrum is? More to the point, do you know what it does?
To save you looking it up, the philtrum is the small vertical groove which goes from your upper lip to your nose.
While there is a case for it serving a useful purpose on other animals, it seems to perform no function for humans.
So wise News Shopper readers, do you have any idea about what the point of the philtrum is? Or do you know if it has ever done anything for us, and why we still have it?
Add your comments below.
Our Burning Questions feature aims to settle some of life’s perennial arguments and answer some of its little mysteries with readers’ collective knowledge.
We’d love your suggestions for arguments and questions you’d like us to cover. What are the things that make you go hmmm? Add your comments below or email us
- Nightmare before Christmas - are outdoor lights and decorations a delight or an eyesore?
- Should motorists slow and give way to pedestrians who want to cross the road?
- Is New Year's Eve a great night or a letdown? How will you be celebrating?
- CDs vs downloads: How do you prefer to buy your music?
- Should you tip your hairdresser or barber after paying?
Comments are closed on this article.