Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Body found near Greenwich Sainsbury's
A BODY was found near the Greenwich Sainsbury's yesterday (October 22), leading to a police cordon and a forensics tent at the scene.
Police say they were called out to Greenwich High Road at around 10.20am after a 41-year-old man was reported to be unconscious on a kerb by a member of the public.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Residents reported seeing an alleyway behind Sainsbury's Local supermarket cordoned off as officers investigated the man's death.
One person said the man may have lain there for some time, with people assuming he was drunk.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "Detectives from Greenwich are investigating, but, at this stage, the death is believed to be non-suspicious.
"Next of kin have been informed."
- Do you know the man or did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885714 or email email@example.com
- 10 facts about the Great Smog of London in 1952
- UPDATE: Lee Rigby Woolwich murder accused was 'soldier of Allah'
- Bexley police target burglars in run up to Christmas
- Wanted Wednesday - Help Lewisham police find their four most wanted men
- Man jailed after sex assaults on 15-year-old autistic boy in Orpington Walnuts Leisure Centre toilets
Comments are closed on this article.