Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Petts Wood station 'suicide' victim was 23-year-old from Orpington
THE young man who died in a suspected suicide at Petts Wood station was a 23-year-old from Orpington.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the scene at around 11.30am on Saturday (October 19) morning but could not save the patient.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokeswoman said: “BTP officers were called to Petts Wood station on Saturday following a report that a man had been hit by a train.
“Metropolitan Police officers also attended the incident which was reported to BTP at 11.35am and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Paramedics from the South East Coast Ambulance Service attended but the man who is believed to be 23 and from Orpington, was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
“The man’s family have been informed and a file will be prepared for the Coroner.”
The train involved was the 9.35am Minster to Charing Cross service.
Leave your tributes for the victim below or email us.
- Flood warning for Gravesend and Thames Barrier to close to protect London
- Ex-Mottingham and Chislehurst PCSO who colluded with criminals ordered to pay just £1,200
- Bungling Lewisham bank gun teens flee on DLR - yards from Europe's largest police station
- Swanley car park charge company makes u-turn on disabled parking
- Attempted ramraid on Sidcup pawnbrokers
Comments are closed on this article.