Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Gravesend man charged following high-speed police chase through Bexley
A 21-YEAR-OLD man has appeared in court following a high speed police chase that ended when an Audi collided with a London bus in Blackfen.
John Edward Peyto, of Hampton Crescent in Gravesend, was arrested shortly after the crash at 9.30pm in Blendon Road on October 7.
He has been charged with driving without insurance, failing to stop, dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking.
Peyto appeared at Medway Magistrates Court on October 9 and was remanded in custody to appear at Maidstone Crown Court next Thursday (October 24).
A 28-year-old man who was arrested in Woodside Lane, Bexley, was released without charge.
- Dementia sufferer reunited with lost car after News Shopper appeal
- Mugger steals £1,500 from 72-year-old woman in Beckenham
- South London People’s Assembly rallying against austerity measures
- Greenwich Council leader's foul-mouthed voicemail deemed 'not bullying' by Standards Committee
- Bromley Borough Food Bank sees huge demand as MPs debate importance of service